Monday, December 30, 2013

Stopping by the Woods

















Snowy adventures in the mountains on our way to Grandma and Grandpa's house...Opal got to be a little snow baby (I couldn't help but take a zillion pictures of her in that snowsuit!), and the kids made a rather tall snowman with lichen hair.  They ran and stomped around until their hands were cold, and even then they couldn't help picking up icicles to eat.

The woods were lovely, tall and quiet, hard not to want to just disappear into them.  I look into them and wonder, do I really live in town somewhere?  Do I really have to go back?

I'm grateful for these quiet (or not so quiet) days when Trav is cut loose from the job and we can be together for a while.  We've been having some sweet times as a family, looking forward to what the year ahead will bring, to what we will do as the five of us.

Here's to another turn around the sun ~

Kate


3 comments:

  1. Happy new year to you and your family, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you and all your gorgeous snow babies! M and I went for a hike up Tiger Mountain on Sunday, and I had such a strong feeling that you guys should have been with us...oh we do miss you so! We're going to start homeschooling in the new year, so maybe we can make some more trips up to your place!! Wishing you all love and light in 2014. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Happy Happy New Year dear one! Also, I want your snow ;) Hugs to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete